The 2017 Land to Lake Conference was held September 28, 2017. The full day event, focused on Impact Through Knowledge, was well attended.
About 75 people came together on September 28, 2017 for the Land to Lake Conference presented by the City of Defiance and Defiance Soil & Water Conservation District.
The heart of this conference, held at Defiance College, was under-standing issues and potential solutions surrounding our beautiful Rivers as they flow through our landscape and enter into our Great Lakes.
“Our goal was to feature research-based presentations
and discussions in an effort to raise the general awareness of key river topics and to inspire impact.”
The topics discussed throughout the day are listed here with links to the accompanying visual presentation material.
Thriving River Towns
- Jamie Gerken, Defiance County Health Commissioner
HEALTHY COMMUNITY DESIGN – Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
- Mayor Mike McCann, Overview of City Projects
- Scott Carpenter, Toledo Metroparks: Featuring 5 River Towns and Riverfront Development in Toledo
- John Urbahns, Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.: Rivers as an Economic Development Driver
- Karl Gebhardt, Ohio EPA Lake Erie Policy Chief: Domestic Action Plan
- Laura Johnson, National Center for Water Quality Research at Heidelberg University: Phosphorus and Lake Erie
Understanding Wetland and Riparian Roles in Water Quality
- Chris Collier, Black Swamp Conservancy: Forest Woods Stream & Wetland Restoration
- Sharon Partridge, The Nature Conservancy: TNC Role in Western Lake Erie Basin
The 2017 Land to Lake Conference is covered in greater detail in the Autumn 2017 issue of Land to Lake Magazine.
Previous Conference: 2015 Recap
Want information on future Land to Lake News & Events?
Send an email to: email@example.com Include the Subject: SUBSCRIBE