The Land to Lake 2015 Conference on June 11, was an informative gathering of local leaders, community educators and concerned residents. The speakers provided dynamic presentations covering a variety of topics to help us better understand our role in decreasing pollution to our waterways and building a stronger local economy centered on our rivers.
Here are links to some of the conference presentations:
- About the Land to Lake initiative
- Lake Erie Research, presented by Dr. Doug Kane of Defiance College
- Defiance City Projects – past, present and potential – Jeff Leonard and Jen English
- Home Sewage Treatment Systems Where we are at. Where we are going. Defiance County General Health District
- Agriculture Update, Jason Roehrig, Defiance SWCD
The day was concluded with “The Future of the Rivers” Discussion Panel and a walking tour highlighting the history and future of our rivertown.