Rain Gardens are an easy way to beautify your yard and the world while contributing to a clean lake. Explore these ideas…
Plant A Rain Garden
- Rain gardens and bioretention/infiltration devices allow about 30 percent more water to soak into the ground compared to a conventional lawn. These native plant gardens enhance groundwater recharge and reduce stormwater runoff and pollution while attracting birds, butterflies and beneficial pollinators.
Links to help you plan your own Rain Garden:
- Rain Gardens
- Create our Own Rain Garden in 6 Easy Steps
- NW Ohio Rain Garden Manual
- Designing A Rain Garden
- Rain Garden Plans
- Rain Garden Plant List
- Part Shade Rain garden layout
- Rain Garden Plants -part shade
- Sun Rain garden layout
- Rain Garden Plants- sun
Install a Rain Barrel
- Rain barrels and cisterns are an effective way to store the rain that runs off rooftops or other impervious surfaces allowing for waqter to be used later, during dry periods, to water plants, trees and gardens.
See News and Events for information on Rain Garden and Rain Barrel Workshops.
Rain Barrel Links: